Friday, January 29, 2010

I am the master of my FATE; I am the captain of my SOUL.

 بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Assalammualaikum w.b.t


"Invictus" 
 poem by William Ernest Henley



Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find me, unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll,

I am the master of my fate;

I am the captain of my soul.




I love to share this poem.  Take the good values. Hoping you all at least understand the last part of the poem. Setup your conservative mind (within the Islamic scopes ) over this (a bit/kind of) secular poems.

Invictus is a Latin word mean invincible. Being honest, in terms of its meaning, there are part of sentences that I'm not really agree. What I am trying to deliver -  as previous post - You are the one who can change your destiny.You are the great enemy of yourself. To win, (succeed in study, career) you must penetrate the barrier you built within your mind. Barrier might be refers to your irrelevant principals, bad habits, irrational actions, etc. I know it is hard to reform what had been 'immune-ly' used, but you have to start from now! It's never too late until it's too late!


For each (person), there are angels in succession, before and behind him. They guard him by the Command of Allah. Verily! Allah will not change the good condition of a people as long as they do not change their state of goodness themselves (by committing sins and by being ungrateful and disobedient to Allah). But when Allah wills a peoples punishment, there can be no turning back of it, and they will find besides Him no protector.
Surah Ar-Rad Verse 11

Former MJSC Taiping's Principal, Mrs Shaariah bt Dahman always said (to school volleyball team) - To win the match, your ball must first pass over the net. For me, to win the match just be in the match.

Back to the poem -"I am the master of my fate'' - This mean to me that you control what you decide what actions are. The quote is very true you do control your fate, you have to make the choices not anyone else. When we decide to do things, what their fate will be, may it be consequence or reward. ''I am the captain of my soul'' - This means to me I decide who I am and try not let others define me. I let myself shine through, I am the guide of my life and don't let others lead me. But we must always remember, Allah S.W.T always the  one who  control our soul and fate. Al-Quran lead us to the better way of life. amin.

Furthermore, you need to know who you are if you really want to be successful in life. Every one has a destiny, it's your job to manage it the way you have to. I deeply believe, we can do it, we can successfully succeed in this life if we have a strong determination to reform ourself and  put a great faith, tawakkal to Allah SWT.

Concerning about exam - work hard, if you done with work hard, work harder, if you done with work harder, just work a little harder, if you done with a little harder, remember , Allah S.W.T always knows.
 

GUDLUCK EXAM

wassalam
 

No comments: